Despite having about 100 makeup brushes I have 10 (and a beauty blender) that I use every time without fail and always reach for first.
You'd think 100 was an exaggeration but I think that's pretty accurate. I'm a bit of a brush hoarder.
I'll count one day and let you know *hangs head in shame*.
1. This is part of a mermaid brush set I got a while back. I love everything mermaid so these were a must have for me. I use this brush to apply blusher and highlighter.
You can get a similar set on Amazon.
2. This brush is the Bare Minerals Complete Tapered Shadow Brush .I love how easy this makes your eye makeup. It has the smaller end for the crease/detailing and the larger side for applying the perfect base. I really like the convenience of this brush.
3. Again from the mermaid set this brush is perfect for building up the crease and also for blending it out. I use this to apply bolder colours.
4. This is the Real Techniques Contour Brush which ironically I rarely use to contour. I use this brush for EVERYTHING. I blend my under eye concealer (so good for that!), apply blusher, even out my foundation, apply highlighter, a bit of bronzer...the lot!
This brush is the most used of all my brushes.
5. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this Oval Brush. I use this to apply my cream contour or to smooth out my foundation. I didn't really like it at first but I have been using it quite a lot.
6. Another brush for Bare Minerals. This one is the Flawless Application Face Brush. I love this for my loose powder.
7. This is a brush I got from Primark who are killing it with their brushes. This brush is what I use for blending and/or applying my eye shadow. This brush picks up the perfect amount of product and works so well. I don't go anywhere or even start my makeup without this brush on hand.
8. This Real Techniques Eyebrow Brush is the best brush for my eyebrows. I have thick brows so this brush just helps me fill them in faster and with great precision.
9. The third appearance from Real Techniques and this is the base shadow brush. I like this one a lot. If I'm going for a simple look then I just sweep this one across my eyelid and I'm done. A very useful brush.
10. If I'm using a powder to contour then I use this brush from the mermaid set. I also use this brush to highlight as well.
11. Finally, my Real Techniques beauty blender. This is the best way to apply foundation. It sets on the face well and just helps my foundation look flawless. I used to use a brush but none of them compared to the finish you get with the blender.
So there you go. A look at my favourite brushes!
|Makeup Case from Primark|
Do you have any brushes that you always use?