Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Cocowhite - Oil Pulling Reinvented.

Everyone wants that Hollywood smile but we can't all afford the expensive cosmetic dentistry.
I'm always looking for ways to whiten my teeth naturally because I haven't been blessed with the best gnashers. I'm also an avid coffee and fizzy drinker so that doesn't help.

I saw this product all over Twitter and really wanted to know what all the fuss was about.
Celebrities like Katie Price and the TOWIE lot all posed with the sachets. Lets face it, they all have veneers anyway so the super white teeth were slightly misleading.
But when I looked on cocowhite.com I realized there's so much more to the product than whitening. The product claims to make your mouth feel healthier, improve gum health, prevent bad breath and even increase your energy levels all while providing gentle natural whitening.

Oil pulling prevents harmful bacteria from building up in the mouth by swishing it away. The ingredients are 100% natural with no chemicals!


I ordered the 14 day mixed flavour kit and it cost me £23.99 (including delivery).
All orders come with next day delivery with constant text/email updates. They even gave a one hour slot and tracker for you to follow your package. I was really impressed.


The instructions were simple. Swirl and spit.

I decided to do mine of an evening when I had a bit more time because 15 minutes is not something to squeeze into my morning routine. I did mine before I brushed my teeth as recommended on the website.

So how was it? 
The texture was very overwhelming!
I'll be honest, I felt like I'd taken a bite out of the vegetable oil blocks you get. Awful.
The whole concept of swirling oil around your mouth is repulsive and the taste is lost on the first few applications.
Another thing that made me feel sick was that some of the oil was solid and some was liquid. That was very difficult to stomach.
I think I managed a measly 5 minutes with the first one but hey, I worked myself up after that.
After rinsing my mouth with some warm water I immediately felt like my teeth were cleaner. They felt shiny (that makes no sense but you must know what I mean?). There was no residual oil like I was expecting but there was a lovely sweet taste left on my tongue.
Day 2 came around and I knew what to expect so I was a little more prepared.
I brought my iPod into the bathroom to help pass the time and keep my mind distracted which really worked. It also helped to pass the time quicker.
Day 4 and I had mastered a way to ensure the product was all one consistency. I tucked the sachet into my bra for 3 minutes and voila!
Day 5 was so much easier. My mouth had got used to the texture and the time flew by.
By day 14 my mouth felt so clean and refreshed. I had even noticed slight whitening.






My favourite flavour was definitely the vanilla one. Although mint seems like the safe choice, I'd definitely recommend the vanilla. The lemon were my least favourite.




Overall I really liked this product and I really did feel the benefits. The company are friendly yet professional and I'd definitely consider buying it again. Obviously I'd have like the whitening to have had more of an effect but you can't have everything eh?
I loved the feel of my mouth after every application. My mouth has never felt better!

Thanks for reading
Loubee Lou
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I found this very useful , thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty...I just puchased this product so we shall see.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. In fact, I just ordered myself some more too. Just vanilla this time :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm actually using my first sachet of coco white while reading this and I can relate to every way you described the item😊 very helpful review and I happy confirm everything you said is spot on, although I've managed the full 15 minutes πŸ˜„x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful :)
      Go you! It was too much for me to deal with the first time...Second time round it was a piece of cake πŸ‘πŸ»
      Hope you continue to enjoy the sachets x

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰πŸ˜x

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete