Monday, 24 July 2017

July's Tried and Tested.

As July comes to an end (whaaaaaaat?!) I'm back sharing with you the new things I tried this month. I haven't been trying many new things this month as July is always a busy one. There are 5 birthdays which is enough to keep me on my toes as well as so many appointments here, there and everywhere. I have been

We'll start with some lovely sweet treats I got sent.
Lovely little Pud in a Mug's from Dr Oetker!
All are suitable for vegetarians and ready in minutes!



I am a fan of the microwave cake just because they're so quick and easy.
(I have such a sweet tooth it's actually ridiculous).

The instructions are very simple: For the sponge puds you simply put 60ml of semi skimmed milk into a small mug, tip in the contents of the sachet, mix until smooth and then microwave on full power for 50 seconds (depending on the power of your microwave of course. The guidelines are for an 800w).
And for the velvety dessert you just put 250ml of milk into a mug and pop that in the microwave for a minute. Then empty the contents of the sachet into the warm milk and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds and voila!
If you want a richer pud then you can heat it in 10 second bursts until it's just how you want it.
It does thicken when taken out of the microwave so bear that in mind.

I find that using a medium mug leaves enough room at the top for you to add some toppings.
My personal favourite is custard (especially with the choc chip pud) but you can add squirty cream and fruit/nuts or a flavoured syrup (hello butterscotch).
These are great if you have young kids with different tastes although do be careful because the mugs get ridiculously hot. Instead of baking a whole cake that's one flavour you can just whack the dessert of choice into the microwave and you're done.

These are a great little treat.

Available in Sainsbury's and on Amazon.


Next up is the Pink Pamper soap from Bomb Cosmetics.


The pretty pink vegan friendly soap is £2.99 for a 100g bar which is pretty good if you ask me.
The scent is absolutely beautiful. The scent is very floral and feminine but with a lovely freshness about it. It's a perfect summer soap.
To get the scent to transfer onto your skin you really have to lather it up to really release the scent. I really love Bomb Cosmetic's soaps. I have a draw full of them.



Finally though not something I really 'tried' I wanted to feature these adorable pencils in this post because they're just fantastic.


They're from Wilkos and I think they were only £1.
They just fill me with joy.
Motivational, kick ass pencils. I am all for that.

"BE SO STRONG YOU FRIGHTEN YOUR FEARS"

"YOU CAN DO THIS 100%"

"DON'T JUST FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS, SHOW THEM THE WAY"

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST"


I also have a couple of books that I have been reading this month but I'm saving them for another post which will be up very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!


I hope you've have a wonderful July.
On to August we go!

Loubee
x

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making a cake in a mug, then I don't have to share hahaha! Plus, them pencils are SO cute - I adore the watermelon and kiwi one x
    Claire | clairesyear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one wants to share their cake!

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, them pencils are adorable! I haven't tried Bomb Cosmetics yet, but every one seems to rave about them so I really should get to purchasing some things xx

    Lily | www.covetluxe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bomb cosmetics are lovely. They have such a huge variety of designs and scents too.

      Thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  3. Awww they're the cutest pencils and that soap looks really cool! I'd love to try it!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells wonderful. I love all the soaps from Bomb Cosmetics. They're so pretty!

      Thank you for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. Personally can't get over the little pud in a mud's!! Desperately craving something like that right now.
    Abby | www.seafoaming.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant!

      Thank you for leaving a comment x

      Delete