Saturday, 1 July 2017

June's Tried & Tested.

So we're officially half way through the year!


There have been a few bits I have loved this month.


First up is the Girls With Attitude Ultimate Goddess palette. I saw this brand through Twitter and was absolutely taken in by the gorgeous packaging. SO GLITTERY! But it's what's on the inside that counts right? Well that doesn't disappoint.
After seeing the shades I was sold.

The quality and pigment of the shadows is brilliant. Lets face it, we all buy palettes only to use the same shade selection and there's always at least one shade you're not fond of. This is the one palette I've bought where I use every shade. I have tried to create a look with each shade and have loved experimenting. All of the shadows are blendable and buildable. However I will say that some shades are very light and therefore need to be built up before they can actually be seen.
My favourite and go to shades have been Spice, Copper and Moonlight. Golden goddess vibes only.

The company was fast, wrapped the products well without any waste (I really hate that. I have once received a huge box filled with bubble wrap and paper for only 2 lip glosses and a mascara. Ridiculous!) and offered free delivery for orders over £20. I won't hesitate to order from there again.
A cruelty free brand too!




I also wanted to mention a brush I got from there too: the fluffy tapered blending eye brush from the Rainbow collection. This is the perfect blending brush which has helped me to be bolder when applying eyeshadow. It makes it so easy to mix the colours on the lid to create the look you want.
I love it.


Plus a rose gold handle with a pink to blue ombré brush? I mean, come on!


I have mentioned before that I have combination skin. This means that certain parts of my face -usually the t-zone- are oily while other parts can be dry and sensitive. It can make applying makeup quite difficult especially in the summer months.
I have been using the Proffesional Wonder Primer from MUA.


I have been applying this over any dry patches/areas of skin to smooth them out before applying my foundation. It has been working a treat.  I have found that my foundation goes on much more smoothly and doesn't cling to the drier areas. I also use a small amount under my eyes to help the concealer settle on the skin better. I find that a little goes a really long way too which is always good.
I am really pleased with this purchase.


I have been on the hunt for a new conditioner and while browsing the Lush website I came across American Cream. I read the description: "A strawberry-loving, milkshake-scented cheerleader for silky Hollywood hair. Warning: has been known to bring boys to the yard".
*Adds to basket*


The main ingredients are English honey, vanilla pod infusion, fresh strawberries and benzoin resinoid (which is a resin from bark that has a sweet aroma and makes hair silky smooth. It's also a natural antibacterial and anti inflammatory). Yes I had to google that because I had no idea what it was.

Now I don't know if it's me but I don't think it smells like strawberries. Creamy and sweet but I just don't smell strawberry. Don't get me wrong, the scent is lovely. I mean, really really lovely but I don't think strawberry when I smell it. It actually smells like a perfume I used to use. I have no idea which perfume but the scent is so familiar.
Anyway, the conditioner is wonderful. My hair is soft, silky and smells great for days. I have thick hair so finding a good conditioner is vital if I want to get a brush through it.
This leaves my hair knot free.
Not a single knot. I was amazed the first time I used it and thought it must have been a fluke. Nope.
I wont hesitate to purchase another bottle when this one runs out.


So that's it for June's products.

Have you found anything you've loved this month?

Loubee
x





4 comments:

  1. That palette is gorgeous! Definitely my kinda colours. The MUA primer sounds interesting, never it before, I also have combination skin (or just oily all over) so it may work for me too. Also I LOVE American Cream it's one of my favourite LUSH products, love that the scent lingers for ages x

    astoldbykirsty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been loving the colour selection so much!
      The conditioner is amazing. The scent is dreamy!
      Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. The hair conditioner sounds lush, it's a shame it's got honey in it as I've recently gone vegan :'( I bet it smells amazing though! x x
    Ellis // www.elliswoolley.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame! It does smell incredible.

      Thanks for reading x

      Delete